Free CD/DVD Guard is a free software application from the Access Control subcategory, part of the Security & Privacy category.
The app is currently available in English, Byelorussian, Romanian, Russian, Ukrainian and it was last updated on 2009-07-30. The program can be installed on Windows2000, WinXP, Windows2003, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64.
Free CD/DVD Guard is not so powerful as CD/DVD Door Guard Pro and Laptop CD/DVD Guard, but still it provides effective protection for CD/DVD drive(s) of your computer. We degigned this freeware utility with regard to all needful basic features of software for optical drives protection. Using this utility you achieve everything you need to protect drive and nothing excess
Free CD/DVD Guard closes the drive's door when you forget to do it, helps you to lock the drive and prevent your small children from playing with it, and much more! You practically don't need to do anything to protect you CD/DVD drive - just download and install Free CD/DVD Guard, it's enough!
Features of Free CD/DVD Guard:
* Closes CD/DVD drive's door when you forget to do it.
* Works on computers with many CD/DVD devices and allows to have different settings for each drive.
* Helps to lock CD/DVD drive's door. This helps to protect it from children and casual pressures.
* Unlocks CD/DVD drive when computer wakes up.
* Reminds about forgotten disk inside the drive when computer shuts down.
* Supports different languages for interface. See list of translations at our Web site.
Free CD/DVD Guard (version 1.0) has a file size of 819.20 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 252 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.